Big Shine Energy is all about #ApproachingZero carbon emissions. Although our favorite way to accomplish this task is through energy efficient LED lighting solutions, we wanted to do a little extra so that anyone can be a part of our mission, anywhere.
Each step we take toward sustainability, no matter how small, brings us closer to zero. All it takes is a change of mindset. That’s why we started our daily #100EnergyTips campaign across our social media platforms. We’ve been posting practical tips on things anyone can do with very little effort, even at home, to save just a little bit more energy.
Today marks day 50! What would be a better way to celebrate our halfway point than with a little flashback? We are excited to share our top ten most popular tips thus far. Check them out below—and stay tuned till the bottom of the post for a little surprise announcement!
Top 10 Energy Tips
- When purchasing bulbs, make sure to choose the appropriate bulb size and brightness to avoid unnecessary energy loss from overcompensation. Click to Retweet
- Avoid placing appliances that emit heat, such as lamps or computers, near a thermostat. Click to Retweet
- Set your thermostat as close to the outdoor temperature as comfortably possible to lessen the energy drain of your HVAC system. Click to Retweet
- If you have central air conditioning, close the vents in unused rooms to avoid cooling or heating spaces unnecessarily. Click to Retweet
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED, which will last longer and save you significant amounts of energy and money in the long run. Click to Retweet
- By installing light-colored shades and placing them in corners with bright colored wallpaper, you can increase the efficiency of your freestanding lighting. Click to Retweet
- Have a lighting expert rethink your fixture arrangement in large facilities to light the spaces you need using the least amount of fixtures. Click to Retweet
- Invest in an energy-efficient heat pump to save on heating costs. Click to Retweet
- Turning on your ceiling fan will let you reduce your thermostat setting by about 4°F without any comfort reduction. Click to Retweet
- Cleaning the lint filter between each load of laundry allows your dryer to reach its full efficiency. Click to Retweet
Are you putting any of these tips into practice? Or do you have any tips to share? Let us know in the comments below.
And now, we want to announce something special we’re doing for the latter half of the #100EnergyTips challenge…
For the remaining 50 Energy Savings Tips, your engagement can land you a prize! All you need to do is follow us and share our energy tips, and you’ll be entered into the contest. At the end of the campaign, marking day 100, we will reward the top five most active #100EnergyTips participants with five free smart bulbs each!
The rules are simple:
- Follow @BigShineEnergy on Twitter to qualify.
- Qualifying users must be active, legitimate Twitter accounts.
- The giveaway contest will run from NOW until midnight the day the 99th tip is posted.
- For one entry, just retweet an energy tip—any energy tip we’ve posted from 1-99.
- Each retweet will get you one chance to win. The more retweets, the more chances to win.
- Reposting does not count—must be a retweet or quote retweet.
- Each energy tip may only be shared once to count as a separate entry.
- There will be five lucky winners receiving 5 free smart bulbs each.
- We will announce the winners when we post the 100th tip.
Saving energy doesn’t have to be a daunting task – it can be as easy as changing a lightbulb.
Contact us or DM us on any of our social media platforms if you have any questions.
The fine print:
- Limit one winner per household, company or entity and 5 smart bulbs described as the prize per winner.
- Following announcement, winners will be contacted for a period of 5 days or until a response is received, whichever comes first. If 5 days pass and we receive no response, the prize will be forfeited.
- In order to receive your 5 free smart bulbs, you must provide a valid name and address through Twitter direct messages within 2 weeks of the winner announcement. If you fail to do so, the prize will be forfeited.
- If a retweet violates a law or Twitter regulations, is offensive, or infringes on a third party, Big Shine Energy reserves the right to disqualify your entry.
- Big Shine Energy reserves the right to decide whether an account is deemed “active” or “legitimate.”
- Big Shine Energy reserves the right to terminate the contest at any time, for any reason, without notice.
- Disclaimers. No warranties, express or implied, are provided to winner for the prize for the smart bulbs. Big Shine does not provide any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a purpose, or non-infringement for the smart bulbs. Big Shine does not make any specific promises about the smart bulbs, including but not limited to any commitments about quality of the smart bulbs, the specific functions of the smart bulbs, or their reliability, availability or ability to meet the needs of the winner.
- Winner of the contest acknowledges that the misuse of the smart bulbs involves risk of injury, disability and death. The winner assumes all risks of use. The smart bulbs should be inspected prior to use to ensure it has not been damaged in shipment. If damaged, the smart bulb should not be used.